Thursday, February 23, 2012

Less Than One Month To Go!

Before I get to the first ever post of this blog, let me begin by saying that this is in no way a how to or even a place to get information for new fathers.  This is a lighthearted look into my experiences being shared with the masses.  ENJOY!

Conversation with the wife earlier this week:

Me: Wow, today is a pretty important date!

Wife:  It sure is!  Today marks a month until our baby's due date!

Me: ....You're PREGNANT?!?!?!

Of course I kid (get it? KID?).  As of today there are 27 days until the expected due date of my first child (March 20th).  Showers are over and gear has been purchased.  The baby's room is just about set up.  Now starts the waiting game.  At this point, the wife is willing to do just about anything to get the baby out.  She is uncomfortable, tired and lost all patience with the pregnancy.  But enough about her, all she is doing is carrying the baby, mi right ladies???

As the baby has gotten closer and closer, a transformation has begun in myself that I cannot reverse.  As you may or may not know, I am having a little girl.  And with that comes all things girly.  Girly clothing, girly decorations, girly toys, girly EVERYTHING.  And being that I am a man, all of this is totally lame and "super gay"! Well, that would be what I would be saying if it wasn't for the fact that I feel the complete opposite.  And how do I know this?  Exhibit A:
I bought a zoo!


Yep, that would be a gaggle of stuffed animals filling the crib to the top.  And guess who is the one that picked them out and bought them?  Yep, two thumbs pointing at this guy!  This is only the half of it though.  I have purchased and picked out the outfit the little thing is going to wear home from the hospital.  And I am fully aware that I have lost my man card to never be received back again.  But I don't care, my baby needs a zoo of stuffed animals to surround her creepily at night!

Not sure why this transformation has happened.  Nor do I know if this happens to most/all men when they have a child.  I have excepted it for what it is, which is that I am woman with male parts.

One last musing.  The other night the wife and I were laying in bed watching TV and my wife exclaims, "Mitch!  Look!", and points to her belly.  The baby was moving around and the movement was right out Alien's when the alien burst out of the chest.  It was amazing and horrifying at the same time.  The wife wanted me to put my hand on her tummy while this was happening and there was no way that was going to happen! Terrifying!

That is it for now, in the last couple of weeks leading to the baby, I hope to update a couple times a week.  Once the baby arrives, I hope to update once a day or so.  Maybe mixing in a mailbag of sorts (haven't decided on where readers will send those yet).  If you like (or don't) what you read, leave a comment!  See you next time!

2 comments:

  1. Love that your doing a blog! If you already feel this way about the baby, just wait till she gets here. Derick was smitten! Oh and it was kind of weird for him to feel Hayden when she was in there. After awhile, he only saw me as a baby making pod and no longer a person to be sexualized. Lol. I can't wait to meet baby Zoey! Keep the posts coming! Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mitch,

    Prob dont remember me but we used to play baseball in the APT complex when we were younger.. Me and your sis Carrie are are the same age.

    Anyway dude, its cool your doing a blog about your first baby. I am actually expecting my first child in Sept. so I have a strange feeling i will be feeling like you soon lol. We dont know the sex yet but eihter way, I feel like i will be in your shoes soon.

    Congrats on the baby girl :)

    ReplyDelete