Thursday, March 1, 2012

I Have Totally Lost My Man Card...And I Don't Care!

One thing has become incredibly apparent as the wife's pregnancy has gone on, and that would be my excitement for this event increases exponentially by the day.  I obviously do not yet have the bond that my wife has with our child that comes with carrying it for 9+ months, but my anticipation in creating my own bond is sky high.  Most of you know that we are having a girl.  When we first found that out all those month ago, I have to admit that I was slightly disappointed that we were not having a boy.  Most men feel this way I am sure.  We all want a boy that we can groom into a mini version of us.  Every man that wants kids wants a boy they can play catch with, teach to shave and teach that women are the spawn of hell.  Now that last one is technically not true, but you get the idea.  Also, most bachelors and even kid-less married dudes don't care about "cute" things, and "pretty tutus and dresses".  Really anything girly is not what men wonder about in day to day life.
I AM A MAN, AND I WILL ROCK YOUR FACE OFF!

But Fellas, it is with a heavy heart that I must inform all of you that, not only have I turned in my "Man Card", but that I don't care and fully behind having a girl!

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BECOME!!!
It is an unfortunate transformation that I had no control over and there is no going back.  There are many examples that have happened over the last few months that I now reluctantly share with you, the sweet dirty reader:

1.  I have a dresser that was a manly blue color.  I took that dresser, and not only painted it, but also PICKED THE COLORS FOR THE DRESSER.  I also got mad when the wife told me that I had to wait for her to go to Home Depot.
IT'S SO CUTE!
2. After finishing said dresser, I immediately wanted to work on new projects to use more of the pink and purple paint.

3. I essentially took over the planning of the room layout.  This included all of the girly things I had already painted.  My wife, who is clearly in the nesting phase (go read a real parenting book if you want to know what nesting is), was mad that she has nothing left to do in the room.

4. My wife has to yell at me to STOP buying girl clothing.  We were incredibly lucky in that we received more hand me down clothing that anyone could ever hope to deal with, and yet I CANNOT STOP BUYING CUTE ONESIES!

5. I picked the outfit that the little one will come home with.  I bought it from the store BY MYSELF.  Guys, I don't think you understand how much that is the mom's decision!

6. I BOUGHT A ZOO!

7. Pink Whale Tub...Nuff Said.
Again, Nuff Said

Quote of the Day:

Me (to wife): "You know how the baby can hear the outside world? Can she hear this?" *farts angrily*

Wife: *shakes head, walks away*

Days to due date: 19

Follow me on Twitter and on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. Rofl! I hope I'm having a boy.... I doubt I will ever have the love of pink and cute things that u do. That said, u go Mitch with ur bad pink tutu lovin self!! ;-) Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete